3G and H Connection

Last Updated:

1. harrylad

harrylad Member This Topic's Starter

Hi

I've had my hero for a couple of weeks now and i'm loving it.

One little problem is that sometimes the 3g internet connection is a bit flaky. It will show that I have a 3g connection in the status bar but when i try to access the internet it will change to H. Now if it stays on H the internet will work fine, if it changes back to 3G then the connection will drop and it won't access anything.

Anybody know why this happens?

Advertisement
  2. MartinS

MartinS Well-Known Member

You must be in a marginal HSDPA area.

3. mjcook1984

mjcook1984 Active Member

I have the same problem ur not on t mobile by any chance? H and 2g work fine but my 3g is always showing that it uploads but won't download until it jumps back up to H. I went in store and questioned it. He just flogged me off with just use 2g if that's fine. I said well I'm paying for my internet so I expect to be able to use it. He then went on to say its down to the traffic on the network so I replied so ur network is rubbish then. He didn't answer to that.

4. harrylad

I'm on three but It seems like the same issue with tmobile. I don't understand why 3g connection can't download.

5. JayCee

JayCee Well-Known Member

Guys, I suggest you read up on 3g and HSDPA...if you're seeing an "H" you have the fastest data transfer rate.
    It's explained here

6. harrylad

No you've missed the point. I know that H is faster, the problem is that if the H symbol does not show and it only shows 3g then the connection does not work, nothing downloads. It only starts downloading again if the H symbol comes back.

It should still download at a slower rate with the 3G connection but it doesn't, it just waits for the H to come back.