3g and wifiSupport

Last Updated:

1. Araldo

Araldo Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Jun 5, 2010
    I cant figure out why my girlfriends x has the wifi and the 3g signal on the status bar at the same time. When my wifi is on, my 3g Indicator disappears. What is supposed to happen?

2. TonyXL

TonyXL Active Member

Jul 16, 2010
    The 3G is supposed to dissappear since it should be using the Wifi and not the 3G. That's usually the case on mine, but sometimes I have seen both icons.
  3. badchevy

badchevy Member

Jul 4, 2010
    I could be wrong so someone feel free to correct me but it seems on mine if something is already using the 3G connection when you turn on the wifi the 3G will stay on to complete the task.
  4. Guardsix

Guardsix Guest

I'v seen the same thing happening. When I'm at home, my wifi kicks in and my 3G seems to die out. Sometimes I don't even have any signal bars either.

I called Verizon to find out what was happening, but they weren't much help. They did get me in touch with Motorola tech support who was supposed to call me yesterday at 3:30 pm. They never called.

I finally started my own trouble shooting.

When I have my wifi set to 802.11n or n + g, I can't do anything. No web surfing, no downloading, nothing. I turn my wifi off and 3G kicks in and I'm back on the network and everything seems to work.

So, I reset my D-Link DIR655 router to g only and turn it back on my Droid X. Now I can surf the net and dowload stuff like normal. I still don't see the 3G icon but I do have some signal bars.

If I leave my home, as soon as I'm away from the house, the wifi icon goes away and the 3G icon pops in.

I wished both the wifi and 3G icons would show at the same time so I know I'v got both services when their on.