3G and wifi??Support

Last Updated:

1. scooz16

scooz16 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So I use the Extended Controls widget to switch between 3G and Wifi. Today for the first time I noticed that when I switch to Wifi the 3G status bar is still up and running along with a strong wifi signal.

Why is this??

Advertisement
  2. lilsaphyre

lilsaphyre Well-Known Member

I have extended controls for the same reason except it doesn't turn ur 3g off. It's a common misunderstanding.

3. scooz16

scooz16 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Really?? Most of the time I noticed that the 3G indicator goes away. But tonight I see both are running at the same time. I turned it off and back on and now we seem to be good.

If the 3G indicator isn't there I assume it's turned off right??

4. lilsaphyre

If it isn't there and the wifi one isn't there as well then it's turned off.
    I hate how alot of these apps say they turn this service off and on and then it won't.

Easy Switch is much better and free

scooz16 likes this.
  5. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

You might just consider leaving WiFi on. It'll connect whenever it can and when unavailable it'll auto default over to 3G. Maybe you have special reasons but if battery is your concern, I've found this configuration with WiFi sleep set to "never" is about as good as it gets particularly if you're covered by WiFi anywhere near a significant portion of the day. YMMV.

scooz16 likes this.
  6. lilsaphyre

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! My Battery would be dead in 3 hours with Wifi trying to find a signal over 3g. I can't leave mine like that.