3g boost that really works.Tips

Last Updated: 2012-06-18 22:10:56
  1. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

try going back to PRL 3025, some people got better speeds with that one, I get better speeds with 3026

Advertisement
  2. UKCatFan

UKCatFan Well-Known Member

Oh well nevermind. I decided to go ahead and upgrade to the Connect :) All I can say is WOW what an improvement!!!
  3. alfick3

alfick3 Well-Known Member

I'd love to get the Connect (or even the Attain) but can't afford the $350 out the door (or even the $250 for the Attain). I'll probably get a new phone a year from now with the tax refund next year.
  4. unnamedny

unnamedny Well-Known Member

Ok so which versions of phones it works on? Does it work with custom roms? Is there a point doing it, if you don't get 3g in my area?
  5. DTowns Finest

DTowns Finest Well-Known Member

(politely saying) read above posts. Metro pcs phones stock or rooted. It's a 3g boost. Some say it helped 2g some say it decreased 2g. Speeds. I suggest you try it. It's an easy process. U can always switch back if it decrease your speed. Run speed test before u change it then run speed test afterwards. Then you will know which is better for you.
  6. igooglemyself

igooglemyself Member

My friend has a Samsung Galaxy Indulge, Do you think this would work, just to boost the 3g service? Or do you think this would help the 4g too?
  7. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

try it, if it makes it worse you can always change it back
  8. bucketbass

bucketbass Well-Known Member

Wow from 76k dn 31k up to 725k dn 169k up! That is amazing....
  9. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

omg that is an amazing difference!!!!!!!! what prl are u on? and your in orlando?
  10. Blackhawk1969

Blackhawk1969 Well-Known Member

I never got 3g speeds..i still dont get true 3g but i do get much faster speeds..the difference of being able to watch videos online where before i did this i coudnt watch anything unless i was on wifi. if you dont get good speeds try using the different Kernels... I used 3025 because 3024 and 3026 caused drops in speed compared to the 3025 prl.. hope it helps
  11. Paulp4

Paulp4 New Member

i would love to do this but i cant get qpst to recognize my phone
  12. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

1. try to change the COM port # to 1 or 2 with device manager
    2. try restarting the phone
    3. try restarting the computer
  13. Bryonium

Bryonium Active Member

My D/l went from 0.09 to 0.19 Mbps but the upload went down. Still worth a try though !
  14. OLDSCHOOL410

OLDSCHOOL410 Member

so i have a samsung galaxy attain(a metropcs smart phone), and i got it activated under my (100$ 4 line plan). but i cant get the internet to work on it.
    im not looking for the 4g internet, just 3g. not sure what settings to put in qpst. i have configure the phone@mymetropcs in teh m.ip and ppp tabs, i have put the MSL password but nothing.
    when i re-read the phone in qpst i see that it changed back some of the entries to @aas.mymetropcs.com under the UM tab and @pda.mymetropcs.com under the AN tab, i had originally put in there @mymetropcs.com but tey got changed back. not sure if this is why internet is not working on it.
    help!
  15. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

Those are correct, if you haven't tried yet, reboot your phone, also make sure data is enabled.
  16. uglydude21

uglydude21 Well-Known Member

i take it that you cant do this with cricket. since cricket doesnt reall have a spc
  17. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

SPC=MSL and all androids do.
  18. uglydude21

uglydude21 Well-Known Member

haha yeah i got it 000000
  19. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

You can do stuff by entering 000000?? o_O
  20. lyubimov

lyubimov Active Member

Tried it. didn't affect my speeds at all :) Still worth a try, I guess
  21. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

What PRL are you on?
  22. lyubimov

lyubimov Active Member

I'm on PRL 3029.

3 results on the bottom - before trying this, top 3 - after. No difference.

Attached Files:

23. damn thats sad lmao
    Try changing Wireless & Networks > Mobile Networks > System Select and tap on Automatic.
  24. Sortin

Sortin Member

Awesome, I just jumped my 3G speed from 110-150 kbps to over 1000 kbps. That's about the same speed as the wi-fi at work, not that I get reception inside anyway, though.

Upload speed isn't much better though...around 170 kbps...don't really do much uploading anyway though.

I believe I'm still using 2.2...I've never done anything but upgrade to 3G when that option was available, upgraded the roaming towers or whatever that option is.
  25. omgbossis21

omgbossis21 Well-Known Member

Amazing tweak guys! Went from 115 down to 647 down with just 1 bar of 3g, thanks so much!