1. Tablet future looks bright! Read more about: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    New Forums: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    Dismiss Notice

3G Boost TutorialTips

Last Updated:

1. santia213

santia213 Well-Known Member

This is what I did I have LG optimus m
    1. Make sure USB debugging is enabled
    2. Download USB driver and install on your computer
    3. Download and install qpst 2.7
    qpst 2.7
    4. Connect phone to computer
    5. Open device manager expand ports and make note of what com port your USB device is on
    [​IMG]
    6. Open up qpst configuration if com port is not shown select add port and enter com# (# being the one seen @ device manager)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    7. Select service programming (phone must be selected to continue)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    8. On the main menu setting tab click read from phone and will obtain phone info it will ask for ur spc
    [​IMG]
    9. Spc code can be obtained through cdma workshop or by using checkesnfree.com Get Spc
    10. Look for M.IP tab and there will be an option under Mobile IP Behavior to set it to Simple IP only select it and then click on write to phone. Phone should reboot.
    [​IMG]

My speed definately increase from 200kbps to around 900kbps - 1.1 mb Download location: Los angeles

note I'm not responsible for bricking ur phone I've done this before and familiar with the software even though this quick tut should be noob friendly

Credit goes to Folks in the Admire forum. i just thought id make a tut with easy to follow steps and pics :)

Advertisement
    sammyz and mario0318 like this.
  2. Chckycrk

Chckycrk Well-Known Member

There's really no need for this the original post is still on the Op M page HERE
  3. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

I think it is needed for any newbies..
    I know there's a tutorial on the Samsung forum, but really it should be on our forum too...
  4. santia213

I don't see why your complaining i'm trying to help out others by having clear steps and visuals, i already had most of the step in my other tut (prl) so i decided to make this one. If it helped you great if not move on.
  5. mario0318

mario0318 Well-Known Member

Yea this is a nice step by step tutorial. This is much cleaner than the original thread.
  6. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

agreed :)
  7. Jaycee23

Jaycee23 Well-Known Member

does this actually work? & will it affect my rooted phone? i dont want this intefering with my MMS or my custom ROMS im using, but i would like a increase in speed. :)
  8. alfick3

alfick3 Well-Known Member

It doesn't affect your ROM. It's a programming for the phone, which is beyond the ROM. I have done this on my Optimus M; I'm currently using reppard's CM7. I got a speed increase when I performed these steps.
  9. santia213

seem all is back to normal

Attached Files:

10. Jinseru

Jinseru Active Member

Will this work on a boost mobile LG marquee?
  11. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

Try it and tell us your results :) if it causes bad things, switch it back to how it was and it will be back to normal :p
  12. bonez2369

bonez2369 Member

Soooooooo can this work for metro 4G tooo or only for the standard 1x. I have the attain but the 4G is more like a 3G network.And also is there a way to keep 3G or 4G everywhere u go???:D
  13. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

You can't keep 4G/3G wherever you go....you can only get it where the signal for it is sent for metro phones...