3G Connection constantly workingSupport

Last Updated:

1. Dreed

Dreed New Member This Topic's Starter

My X10 Xperia has in the last too days started using the 3G connection constantly, I noticed it when I got a txt from Vodafone saying my allowance was nearly gone ( I mostly use wireless connection) I downloaded a app showing internet usage and it was constantly going up even after using task killer to kill apps, I have got lookout mobile installed and did a virus/malware scan and it came up with nothing.
    Any ideas?
    Is there a way that I can see exactly what is using the connection?
    I have had to disable 3G in the settings for now.

Advertisement
  2. x10iii

x10iii Well-Known Member

just use the APN on/off widget to easily enable/disable 3g with just one click..

3. pyromatic18

pyromatic18 Well-Known Member

It could be Timescape, do you have it set to sync often?

4. nb_mitch

nb_mitch Well-Known Member

I would pull the battery if you can't find the issue. never hurts.

I downloaded 2 apps yesterday which seemed to help me allot, Battery Booster and Memory Booster (yes, same developer).

But then, I also haven't used any 3G for over a week, (Yes, I need to get out more :D

5. Dreed

I have tried taking the battery out that hasnt helped, Im not using timescape and I do have a widget to disable it but it keeps switching itself back on.

6. rosered

rosered VIP Member VIP Member

Also are you running a task killer because that could be killing your Data Switch app thus letting the 3g reconnect.

7. werthers

werthers Well-Known Member

If you go into settings > wireless & network > mobile network > then turn off data traffic without using a widget (that's for 2.1 think its slightly different for 1.6).
    I've had no end of trouble with 3G and the X10 but mine has been the other way round I had to reinstall to get it working again.

8. Dreed

Thanks for all your posts, I have finally figured it out, I installed an app called Webkey which allows you to remotely log into your phone using the internet, turns out this app was constantly connected to the internet, I went in the settings and disabled this and the problem was solved.
    Thanks.