3G connection issue on the HTC HeroSupport

Last Updated:

1. stevebal

stevebal New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi,

I bought the HTC Hero from an internet shop a week ago. It was unlocked. Unfortunately, the internet connection (3G Edge etc.) disconnects whenever the phone goes into sleeping mode ("keyboard lock"). This means that the mail push (gmail account) does not work when in sleeping mode and it takes quite a while for the data connection to restart. The always on button for the data connection is switched on in the data connection menu, but that does not help. Could the problem come from my service provider?

Thank you for your help.

Steve

Advertisement
  2. winmarc

winmarc New Member

I have sent you a private message.

3. kikal

kikal New Member

please, I have the same issue, can anybody help? It

4. Duncs

Duncs Well-Known Member

try - settings, wireless controls, mobile network settings, enable always-on mobile :)

5. kikal

kikal New Member

it doesnt work for me, I always have these option checked and is the same thing.
    regards

6. parkaml

parkaml New Member

Hey, even I am facing the similar issue. with me, the connection turns off and never gets connected at all. & this even happens with wifi connection. Also, the mobile is not able to find the 3G networks.

Is there any patch or update which can solve this issue.

OR can anybody tell me how do I format the phone completely and install the Andriod 1.6 from scratch (like we install Windows OS).

Picasa Web Albums - 10904214446349656... - HTC hero

7. foxuniform

foxuniform New Member

I have had this EXACT problem for a couple weeks. Like you, I am missing out on my push Gmail service on the phone (among other services). I have noticed that once you go to the appropriate settings menu on the phone, you can see that the phone has disconnected from the data network and actually you can see that it re-connects (checks itself and says re-connecting) then and there. Sometimes it takes a while to do so, even if done manually. I am still searching for help on the matter. I have an idea for a work-around, and I will post again if it works.

8. prenticehill

prenticehill New Member

I am having an issue with receiving email when my phone is on 3G, it just says "network error". It works fine on WIFI. Does anyone have an idea of when it could be?