3G/Data turning on and off...Sprint or my EVO?

Last Updated:

1. ODog2323

ODog2323 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

This odd glitch started a couple weeks ago or so, but has gotten much more prevalent in the last few days.

The mobile network turns on and off on its own every minute or so. Doesn't matter what the phone is doing or what app/task I'm using. When the data cuts off I peek into the settings and see mobile network is checked on, grayed out, and the small status message reads "turning on...". After a minute if this the data connection is restored, but only for another minute.

Of course when I described this to my local Sprint rep, his only suggestion was a factory reset. I'm hoping that isn't necessary.

Anyone else seeing this bug with their service? I'm located in Central Jersey btw.

I started doing some troubleshooting on my EVO, but I'm hoping it's more of a service issue that I'll just have to wait out...

Advertisement
  2. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants Moderator

It is a service issue, and it's already being worked on my Sprint. My service has already been restored.

3. ODog2323

Was your 3G indicator disappearing like it had been turned off? That's what's making me worry that it's an issue with the phone, but with so many people talking about service trouble today, I don't know it could still be a coincidence...

4. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants Moderator

5. ODog2323

I see it's been resolved for many, but I got up this morning and have still been seeing this problem. I did the factory reset (ugh) and I don't think the mobile net has cut off since (haven't even set up wifi yet). I've been leaning on 3G all morning with no issues...fingers crossed.

Now waiting to see if MyBackup Pro was worth the 5 bucks :)

6. BenChase7

BenChase7 VIP Member VIP Member

I heard Sprint was having some data issues last week in some parts (midwest, I think). I read an article on Androidcentral that said Sprint had everything back up as of yesterday evening.

No probelms in Phoenix, for me!

Let me/us know how your backup experience goes, please. Been thinking of something like that myself. Thanks!

7. ODog2323

8. K4KAI

K4KAI Well-Known Member

Well, was it worth it?

9. ODog2323

Well, I still think 5 bucks is kinda steep for most apps, but I'm still glad I grabbed it because of the trouble it saved me.

If I end up pulling the trigger on rooting though I'd probably switch to titanium based on what I've been reading.