• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

3g disconnects almost exactly every 5 mins

doclobot

Lurker
Jun 16, 2010
In NYC/Brooklyn my Sprint EVO 3g disconnects when streaming internet radio, like clock work seems to be almost exactly every 5 minutes it disconnects. ,:mad: Tried 3 different apps, xiialive pay version, Stream Furious free, Ant Player free. Problem persist when streaming any station at various bit rates. Happens when stationary or walking around. Occasionally it will rebuffer and restart the stream which is ok but that is rarely the case. However I can immediately hit the play button it will always reconnect and continue playing. In other words the connection always seems to be there and strong. Seems more like something is bumping it off rather than losing signal. I tried with background data and auto sync off. This rarely happened with my G1 T-mobil especially not when stationary, if the signal was there which wasnt often it would play until i disconnected it myself. The sprint EVO 3g connection seems to almost always be available, much better than the T-mobil was in NYC. however the Sprint data disconnects while streaming audio is driving me crazy. Is there any settings that maybe trying to search for signal and update that maybe responsible for the interruption. BTW this has been since EVO day 1 june 6, internet radio is one of my main reason for smart phone and unlimited data so it was the first or close to the first app i installed. no problem while on WIFI

Have searched for many hours looking for solution.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones