3g, H, G?

Last Updated:

1. Karlohumpy

Karlohumpy Active Member This Topic's Starter

Just a quick one..

Does anyone actually get 3g on their desire? Or is H our version of 3g? The reason i ask is i'm normally on a fair few bars of G and occasionally 1 or 2 bars of H. And to be honest for mobile browsing capabilities it's pretty abysmal.

I'm on o2 pay and go and i've tried just about every apn setting i can find on the net, and the only one that works at all is the one i get when i use the default apn.

Does anyone know of a good P&Go o2 setting for mobile web for in the UK?

thanks folks.

Advertisement
  2. snowmobile

snowmobile Well-Known Member

I'm on T-Mobile and I've never seen 3G displayed, only G or H.

Don't worry as H is the faster version of 3G (3.5G) so it's actually better.

3. Karlohumpy

Oh right. I think the problem for me is the best i seem to get is 1 or 2 bars of H. :mad:

4. snowmobile

snowmobile Well-Known Member

The phone will tend to choose a weak 3G/H signal in preference to a stronger G one.

You can set your phone to GSM only which means it will ignore any 3G/H connections and connect using G only. It should result in a stronger signal but of course G is much slower.

If you want to try it go into settings / wireless & networks / mobile networks / network mode, change from auto to GSM only.

5. Karlohumpy

Yeah i know, G doesn't let me browse at all. Is there anyway of improving H signal? Different APN settings perhaps?