1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

3g h h+Support

Last Updated:

1. Braxos

Braxos Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

What the heck is the difference on H and H+ and 3G ???? Isn't 3G same-equal as H. I got today on my note the H+ on a specific area. Normally I have 3G or H depends on the area I am. So anyone could explain plz.

Thanks

Advertisement
    sithaf likes this.
  2. yegon

yegon Well-Known Member

3G is "normal" 3G, HSPA is enhanced 3G or "3G.5" and HSPA+ is even faster HSPA. I get it with my 3 sim quite a lot, and it's very noticeably faster than the other 2 - I've rarely seen the difference between 3G and H.

That's the way I understand it anyway, I'm sure someone will explain it more technically and shoot me down :)

Braxos likes this.
  3. Braxos

I did read some threads on some forums but they where that 3g and H is 3.5g what is h+ 3.999999999999g a wannabe 4g???

4. yegon

yegon Well-Known Member

Yeah,possibly, like I say I'm no expert on the subject. Saying that, here in the UK I've never seen H+ touted as 4G, probably because proper 4G is still a ways off.

5. Braxos

Here in Germany I think T-Mobile is starting to get A 4g network but dunno when and where it starts or if may have started. So QQ 4g

6. colnago

colnago Well-Known Member

HSPA (3G/H): Theoretical limit of 14Mbps down, 5.76Mbps up

HSPA+ (3.5G/H+): Theoretical limit of 84Mbps down, 22Mbps up, but will support 168Mbps down.

H+ is being rolled out by T-Mobile USA in stages of 21Mbps, 42Mbps, and hopefully the 84, if not phased out by the AT&T merger. I will love the roll-out to complete as I have a $10/mo. unlimited data plan.

7. jlsjonas

jlsjonas New Member

Not going to say you're wrong but then what's the difference between 3G & H indicated on f.e. Samsung galaxy s3?

Written from my S3

8. colnago

colnago Well-Known Member

No difference...just depends on how the manufacturer wants to report the network connection for a given phone and given network. More specific information regarding your network is available under "Phone Status" in "Settings".

9. jlsjonas

jlsjonas New Member

same network provider, same phone, same sim...

10. bluenova

bluenova OK Computer VIP Member

Wrong. 3G is the 3G standard, H is the 3.5G standard (and is faster). H+ is the 3.9G standard which is faster still.

11. monkeytech

monkeytech New Member

I'm on Three in Ireland, and it moves between 3G and H+ all the time on my s3.

For a real world example of the difference I ran speedtest when it showed 3G and I got 5.56 Mbps down and 2.3 up.
    When it showed H+ I ran it again (same location) and got 7.42 up and 2.33 down

So a decent improvement in download speed