3G helpSupport

1. DUECEON9ER

DUECEON9ER New Member

So my question is does anyone know of an app or how to manually do this through the network settings for the samsung admire? My 3G has a weak signal so it continues to keep switching back and forth from 1x to 3G. I already updated to prl 3026. I need something to either keep evdo or cdma though I tired of losing connection entirely just because it cant decide which to use. Oh and does anyone know why the green bars (right hand corner) turn grey all of a sudden?

Advertisement
  2. Rush

Rush {<>}~{<>} Guide

This has to do with your "network connection," a common problem with the phone not getting the full strength of your network connection; thus, causing the bars to fluctuate from green(strong signal) to gray(weak signal). If your device is capable of updating its data profile you should do that; other wise call your service provider to have them refresh your data connection. I don't think an application from the market can make your connection any better.

Ps. If you have access to any available wifi - this would work out much better for you.
  3. viperdink

viperdink Well-Known Member

there is a guy on xda-developers.com named killa57. he has a great bit of info in his posting about 3g speed. i know if your rooted qpst can help. if not try the network app here in the "regarding 2.3.6 upgrade" here in admire forum. maybe that can help...i used a speedtest app from ooka and tried settings for a day or so till i got what i thought was best for me.

viperdink out!
  4. epp

epp Well-Known Member

I just upgraded to a Samsung Admire, from a Huawei M835.

Although I get the same signal strength with both phones from the nearest cell site, the Admire displays one less bar than the M835 did.

If I get a -96 dBm signal for example, the M835 would display two bars, the Admire - only one. The strongest signal I've seen with both is -65 dBm and with both phones, it would display full bars.

The Admire seems to be less sensitive to a signal than the M835.
  5. fcm428

fcm428 New Member

How do i get my admire to even connect to wifi? its not connecting, its not showing any other wifi networks, nothing....What the heck?
  6. KageBeast

KageBeast Well-Known Member

dude you don't need to ask the same thing in two different threads
  7. twogbsd

twogbsd Well-Known Member

Is your wifi on?