3G helpSupport

Last Updated:

DUECEON9ER New Member

So my question is does anyone know of an app or how to manually do this through the network settings for the samsung admire? My 3G has a weak signal so it continues to keep switching back and forth from 1x to 3G. I already updated to prl 3026. I need something to either keep evdo or cdma though I tired of losing connection entirely just because it cant decide which to use. Oh and does anyone know why the green bars (right hand corner) turn grey all of a sudden?

2. Rush

Rush {<>}~{<>}

This has to do with your "network connection," a common problem with the phone not getting the full strength of your network connection; thus, causing the bars to fluctuate from green(strong signal) to gray(weak signal). If your device is capable of updating its data profile you should do that; other wise call your service provider to have them refresh your data connection. I don't think an application from the market can make your connection any better.

Ps. If you have access to any available wifi - this would work out much better for you.
  3. viperdink

viperdink Well-Known Member

there is a guy on xda-developers.com named killa57. he has a great bit of info in his posting about 3g speed. i know if your rooted qpst can help. if not try the network app here in the "regarding 2.3.6 upgrade" here in admire forum. maybe that can help...i used a speedtest app from ooka and tried settings for a day or so till i got what i thought was best for me.

viperdink out!
  4. epp

epp Well-Known Member

I just upgraded to a Samsung Admire, from a Huawei M835.

Although I get the same signal strength with both phones from the nearest cell site, the Admire displays one less bar than the M835 did.

If I get a -96 dBm signal for example, the M835 would display two bars, the Admire - only one. The strongest signal I've seen with both is -65 dBm and with both phones, it would display full bars.

The Admire seems to be less sensitive to a signal than the M835.
  5. fcm428

fcm428 New Member

How do i get my admire to even connect to wifi? its not connecting, its not showing any other wifi networks, nothing....What the heck?
  6. KageBeast

KageBeast Well-Known Member

dude you don't need to ask the same thing in two different threads
  7. twogbsd

twogbsd Well-Known Member

Is your wifi on?