3G issue??Support

Last Updated:

1. mcanovas

mcanovas Member This Topic's Starter

Hi, I have been having 3G issues on my captivate for a while. I can browse the web just fine and email, text, mms all fine. But downloading apps or things that need continuous internet download (i.e. speed test) will start then stop very slowly. The 3G window in the status bar will then flash occasionally but primarily stay unlit. I've hoped that it would continue to download, but after leaving my phone with the screen off for over an hour with an app downloading (only 2mb) gone from 20kb downloaded to 50kb and my battery went from 80 to 30. This happens for every app I attempt to download over 3G (wifi is perfectly fine) no matter what the size. Any idea why it seems to put the download into the background?
    I'm currently running cognition mod v2.3b2. This has happened on all versions of cognition I've had. I'm pretty sure it happened while I had stock 2.1 also. Any ideas? Thanks

Advertisement
  2. Manuelitoohno

Manuelitoohno Active Member

Did this happen before when you were on 2.1?

3. mcanovas

I'm pretty sure it did.

4. Manuelitoohno

Manuelitoohno Active Member

if it did. it might not be your phone. I had the same same problem i knew it wasnt my phone because that happened when i used my blackberry curve with the same sim card, at the time i thought it was the blackberry that was bad, then i got the captive, and same thing happened. so i realized it was the sim card. went to ATT got a new one and i been good ever since. try to get a new sim card.

5. mcanovas

Just went there and that didn't work. Only suggestion was to get a replacement from best buy