3G issueSupport

Last Updated: 2012-08-05 15:17:59
  1. TFroehlich4368

TFroehlich4368 Well-Known Member

Hello everyone,
    I bought an Admire and I'm in a 4G zone with and I'm only getting a 1x signal which is roaming isnt it? I should be getting 3G right? This internet and everything is super slow and it wont even connect to the Play Store. Can someone help me out with this? Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. dadcup

dadcup Well-Known Member

That you update your prl by calling #228
  3. gbiggie

gbiggie La patience et le pardon Guide

No it's not considered roaming at all. Some places just have poor coverage(towers) so you can't get a good speeds:(
    Try these to see if it improves:
    Try what dadcup said above- *228 & choose option 5

If that doesn't improve it use dadcup's handy dandy guide
    http://androidforums.com/admire-all-things-root/494248-how-boost-3g-stock-2-3-4-a.html

Other people have said on here that 3g is weak up that way before but it should increase it some.:)
  4. 1xRTT is "2G" not roaming. The Samsung Admire can only get 1x and 3G. If you haven't already, you can update your PRL by dialing *228 and pressing 5. If you don't see a 3G icon still, then Metro PCS must not have 3G in your area.
  5. qandres12

qandres12 Well-Known Member

this is the site i use when i want to check what type of network there is in an area, and for me the site is pretty spot on. my speeds increase drastically when in those areas.
    Coverage Maps | Sensorly
  6. TFroehlich4368

I tried to dial *228 but it said "activation failed" or something along those lines.
  7. gbiggie

gbiggie La patience et le pardon Guide

Its wiggy sometimes and you can't get through-try again in a little bit.
    What prl are you on currently ?
    Settings-about phone will show you.
  8. TFroehlich4368

Alright, I will try later on even though I tried this about a week ago when I got the phone. Also I will get the current PRL when I go on my lunch break, I'm currently at work.