• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help 3G issues with T-Mobile (US)

DanielPC

Jul 26, 2010
I searched for this issue but could not find anything in the Vibrant forum. If a thread already exists, please provide a link.

I’m having data connection issues with T-Mobile (US) 3G service. I have an unlimited data package. There was once an option in the settings that allowed one to toggle between 2g (EDGE) and 3g, but it would seem that option is no longer available with the latest update (unless I simply cannot find it any longer). EDGE was a more reliable when using extensive data use apps like Slacker, Pandora and tunewiki, but then I was not able to receive text messages while those apps where running. In using 3G, service just stops causing playing and connection errors. The data connection will return after a few minutes and rebooting helps temporarily. It’s very annoying as it happens so frequently. I’m in the Kansas City area. However, I’m not certain if location matters.

Anyone else having this issue and what can be done about it?

I searched for this issue but could not find anything in the Vibrant forum. If a thread already exists, please provide a link.

I’m having data connection issues with T-Mobile (US) 3G service. I have an unlimited data package. There was once an option in the settings that allowed one to toggle between 2g (EDGE) and 3g, but it would seem that option is no longer available with the latest update (unless I simply cannot find it any longer). EDGE was a more reliable when using extensive data use apps like Slacker, Pandora and tunewiki, but then I was not able to receive text messages while those apps where running. In using 3G, service just stops causing playing and connection errors. The data connection will return after a few minutes and rebooting helps temporarily. It’s very annoying as it happens so frequently. I’m in the Kansas City area. However, I’m not certain if location matters.

Anyone else having this issue and what can be done about it?

they renamed them from
2g to gsm only
3g to wcdma only
and added auto mode

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones