3G issues

Last Updated:

1. jdmba

jdmba Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I feel confident about posting this first bug report because it is all over the XDA Forums, and I got hit with it myself.

At some point, the "1x" and "3G" will disappear, signal bars will remain, and the phone will have no data connectivity. If you go to settings, you will see that data is "turning on" and the check box is grayed out.

Current way to restore is to reboot the phone.

Since many people are having this issue, I wanted to raise it here.

Thanks for the great ROM!

Advertisement
  2. anicotra

anicotra Well-Known Member

I've had this happen a couple of times since the 7/27 leak. For me, It happens in real low signal areas right after receiving a phone call.

3. jdmba

jdmba Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I had *NOT* received a phone call in or around that time.

4. Tobi-Saru

Tobi-Saru New Member

I too have been experiencing this issue

5. douger

douger Well-Known Member

Neither did I when it happened tonight. I've been using Virtuous since 2.X and haven't had it happen before.

I live right next to a Verizon tower. I woke the phone and bam...no 3G. Rebooted and all was good.

I'm not convinced it's the Virtuous ROM...I've read of this complaint on Skyraider as well.

6. dltccf

dltccf Member

I have also had that happen to me several times. Everything looks fine, but no data. Reboot fixes it.

7. terrencegf

terrencegf Member

I'll add a "me too" to this thread.

I was listening to Slacker Radio over 3G (since no wireless in my gym). I was using my bluetooth headset (Motorola S305) and the screen was locked. The end of a song was reached and then... silence. I unlocked the display. Although I still had a couple of signal bars, there was no 3G data happening. I tried going in to / out of airplane mode, but that didn't fix it. A reboot fixed the problem and I didn't see the problem again for the rest of the workout. I didn't make or receive any phone calls today.

I have had my phone for only a week. While I did have VirtuousRom 2.7 installed for a few days, I didn't experience the problem back then. (However, someone over at xda thread said they DID see it on 2.7.)

8. MarcM

MarcM Well-Known Member

I had that happen a couple times before I flashed Virtuous and I was only ruining stock. Don't think out is a Vrom issue.

9. Eris Lover

Eris Lover Well-Known Member

I've only lost 3g twice since the begining of virtuous having to reboot once and battery pull the next. BUT the same has happened to my friend twice who is running bone stock unrooted!
    Not sure it's rom related but maybe FROYO? or radio?

10. jacobsjg

jacobsjg Active Member

I can't speak to the issue those who are near towers without a lot of congestion see, but I was at a football game last weekend (notoriously bad 3g due to massive people), and I saw this behavior on both my 3.0.1 virt phone, and my wife's stock phone. Rebooting would bring it back, but attempting to use it would sometimes cause 3g to get knocked to 1x, or to go away altogether.

Yes, this was an extreme case, but both stock and virtuous behaved the same, with the network indicator disappearing until a reboot occurred.

11. gto0814

gto0814 New Member