3G Mobile Hotspot - Allowed users onlySupport

Last Updated:

1. Vinsanity93

Vinsanity93 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

How exactly do I add devices to the allowed users list? I tried to connect my ipod touch and a notification came up and said a device wanted to connect. I pressed the notification and it brought me to the manage users screen but the options were greyed out.

Advertisement
  2. xorez

xorez Member

Some people have said you must enable it through verizon first since it is a paid feature...other people claim to have been using the 3G Mobile Hotspot without setting it up with verizon first and therefor getting it free...does anyone have more information on this?

3. 1967ls2

1967ls2 Well-Known Member

Verizon is charging $15-20 for the service. Before you can allow any other device to use the 3g wifi mobile hot spot on your phone you have to first pay Verizon for it.
    I found a thread here that gives you detailed information on how to bypass all this and get it for free. I did it yesterday & have been using it every since. Works perfectly. Good luck

4. DC2_408

DC2_408 Active Member

without rooting ??

5. 1967ls2

1967ls2 Well-Known Member

6. Vinsanity93

Vinsanity93 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Yea i used the bypass before froyo but i didnt kno u needed 2.2 to use it lol. But even with the bypass it still shows the options as grey when i connect my ipod touch with the allowed users only checked but if i uncheck it, it connects fine