3G Mobile Hotspot & Email Sync IssuesSupport

Last Updated:

1. ScubaCA

ScubaCA Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I may be the only one having this problem bit is was wondering if anyone else is having email sync issues after using the 3G Mobile Hotspot?

I turn the thing on so that I can connect my computer to the internet then upon turning it off, my phone wont send emails thru my yahoo account or sometimes it wont send them thru my yahoo or my exchange email. They just sit in my outbox. Then I can't open them again to save them to be sent later, I only have the option of deleting them. I pull out my battery and then most of the time its all better but I shouldnt have to be doing this. I am starting to have flashbacks of my Blackberry Storm and pulling the battery every 10 minutes.

Why is this happening and how can I fix it? I place this task at the feet of all who possess the knowledge...step forth and share with me your wisdom!

Advertisement
  2. ScubaCA

ScubaCA Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I may be the only one having this problem but I was wondering if anyone else is having email sync issues after using the 3G Mobile Hotspot?

I turn the thing on so that I can connect my computer to the internet then upon turning it off, my phone wont send emails thru my yahoo account or sometimes it wont send them thru my yahoo or my exchange email. They just sit in my outbox. Then I can't open them again to save them to be sent later, I only have the option of deleting them. I pull out my battery and then most of the time its all better but I shouldnt have to be doing this. I am starting to have flashbacks of my Blackberry Storm and pulling the battery every 10 minutes.

Why is this happening and how can I fix it? I place this task at the feet of all who possess the knowledge...step forth and share with me your wisdom!

3. apinkel

apinkel Well-Known Member

I stopped using the motorola email client due to issues with email sync not working (I'd have to reboot to get it to work again). I was having issues with both my work exchange account and my yahoo imap account.

There is a long discussion thread over on the motorola support forums about this issue where I learned about the fix I'm using. I downloaded Improved email, I turned off sync of email on the motorola client (I still use it for calendar and contacts on my exchange account) and I setup improved email to do email only on my exchange account.

I just found this yesterday but so far the sync has been perfect and I prefer the UI of it over the motorola client. It also includes a widget that shows unread emails on your launcher, something that I've found almost impossible to find anywhere else. Couple caveats:
    -It does not support html yet
    -There are a few small bugs but nothing that I've found that impacts usability