3G Mobile ProblemsGeneral

Last Updated:

1. dcfan99

dcfan99 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all, hoping some of you may be able to help me.

I purchased an Incredible, which I was not too happy with, so I decided to send it back and reactivate my Eris. My Eris was at 2.1v2 at the time. I called Verizon and had them do the switch through their customer service number.

Immediately I began to notice that I had a lack of 3G. My Turn Mobile On setting would be stuck on "Turning On". I could force it by switching airplane on and off and then using the power button to choose Mobile settings. Once I'd get it on, 3G would be spotty and drop in and out, and when I do have it it is ridiculously slow. Speed test shows downloads of 302 kbps and uploads of 1023 so it appears I have upload 3G but not download. Many times throughout the day I get data connection failures on apps requiring internet.

So, I called Verizon, we went through all their steps including escalation to tech support and they decide it is my Eris (which worked perfectly previously). They are sending me a replacement. In the interim, I went back to the Incredible. And immediately had the exact same problem on the Incredible. I called Verizon, and went through all their steps, and now they want to send me a new Incredible.

I went back to the Eris, and upgraded to 2.1v3, still the same problem. I am 100% confident that when I get the replacement Eris it will solve nothing.

APNs are at correct default. Anyone have any ideas for me? I miss my perfectly working Eris!

Sorry for the long post.

Advertisement
  2. dcfan99

Another interesting point - when I lose 3G, toggling GPS on and off will make me immediately pick it back up, but just for a minute or 2. Then it will go away again.

3. dragonbro

dragonbro Well-Known Member

Not sure how to help.......but it sounds like a verizon account setting to me. If the same problem is occurring on two different phones and operating systems, I would think it would have to do with your account.

4. dcfan99

OK this has just randomly fixed itself today. I'm in Nashville. Maybe the flood knocked out 3G coverage and somehow they didn't know about it?