3G Network SpeedSupport

Last Updated:

1. Richman21

Richman21 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I just recently got the D2 after having the D1 for a year. I loved the D1 and loving the D2 as well, except for a couple of minor issues, but one that is really bugging me is the speed of the network on the D2. I've tested with the D1 and was getting over 1Mbps frequently. I have tried in numerous locations, different parts of the city, different times of days, and keep getting very slow test results. On the status bar it reads 3G, and the tests come back at 129kbps, 102, 165. Horrible IMO. I have *228 many times, is there anything else I'm missing? Or is this a known problem? I've searched and came up with nada. Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. JDunc

JDunc Well-Known Member

I've got 400kbps+ on my laptop through tether. Im not sure what your problem could be.

Richman21 likes this.
  3. Richman21

I just home and tried, very inconsistant. Got 142KBPS on one try, the next one I got 667kbps. I tried several servers with similar results. On my D1 was getting up to 1mbps regularly. I'm going to call tech support tomorrow and see what they have to say.

4. Richman21

What's everyone else getting? Speed wise on 3G? Fastest I've got has been 667kbps.

5. Super_Six_Two

Super_Six_Two Well-Known Member

How are you testing? One of the speed test sites? Let me know which and I will try it and post back.

6. Richman21

I was using the speedtest app in the market, then I decided to actually go onto the internet (speakeasy and speedtest.net) and got better results. Still not great but much better. I actually got a 1Mbps test reading. I have tried numerous times with 4 full bars in 3G.

7. Super_Six_Two

Super_Six_Two Well-Known Member

I just tested mine with the app, and it was slow. But, the important question here is do you notice any slow downs when using the web for real? I haven't. It's pretty quick, so a number doesn't bother me.

8. Richman21

To tell you the truth, it does seem a little slower, but maybe I'm being overly critical. I'll watch my internet browsing speeds to see if I'm just crazy. Thanks for the reply. :)

9. 3devious

3devious Well-Known Member

While using my R2D2 D2, I find the internet to be faster than on my stock D1 running 2.2.

I am not completely sure why.

10. sic81

sic81 New Member

I can tell you that your speed in the test will depend on the location in the app settings. I was disappointed in my speeds then I turned wireless locations services on and im getting a average of 2mb.

11. sghere

sghere Well-Known Member

Living near Peoria, IL I consistantly get 1900kbps/down and around 1100Kbps up.

Now, with that said, it seems that I lose my 3G IP address allllllll the time, then all the sudden 10-15 e-mail's and texts come in all at the same time. Now this isn't while I'm running the test, but 10-15 minutes afterward.

Wonder if Big Brother is watching. CONSPIRACY!!!! lol

-S

P.S. I use the Chicago, Atlanta and Washington DC (Arlington) sites since they have HAAUUUGE internet pipes.