3G not working that wellSupport

Last Updated:

1. jenniferinde

jenniferinde New Member This Topic's Starter

I have had my phone for about a month in a half and I am not impressed with the 3G network. The arrows that are pointed up and down that represent the 3G network are hardly ever highlighted and when I attempt to go on the internet, it won't allow me. When I am inside a building it NEVER works and when I go outside in my car it rarely works. I am new to smartphones. Is this normal? I have checked the mobile connect button and I have also tried *228 on numerous occasions and still nothing. So basically I am paying $30 a month for a data usage fee when I can't access the net or my email.

Advertisement
  2. incredible x4

incredible x4 Well-Known Member

That is not normal. To me, it sounds like you have reception issues related to the phone. Meaning, there is something wrong with your Incredible. Or you just live in an area that gets awful cell reception. I would take it into a Verizon store and see what they say, cause it sounds like there is something wrong with the phone. It happens. Just curious, how many bars do you normally have?

3. dragonsamus

dragonsamus Well-Known Member

That's not normal. How is your coverage where you live and work?

4. NewDInc

NewDInc New Member

I'm new too (doh...check the name).

I had "3G Issues" too..turned out it was *Juicesaver* turning off my network.

*uninstalled*

ps: Hi! I'm new here.

5. jenniferinde

jenniferinde New Member This Topic's Starter

It varies. Sometimes I have 4 bars, sometimes I have none. I am also having problems receiving MMS. It will not allow me to download the picture until I turn the phone on and off. I have no problems with the Wi-Fi setting, just the 3G. My coverage is great at home and at work so I can't understand why 3G doesn't always work.