3G not workingGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Strutzone18

Strutzone18 Member This Topic's Starter

Any ideas here? My phone has been acting up lately so I did a factory reset. So far so good with the exception of my 3G. It won't turn on.

I put the mobile widget back on and it stays in the "on" position, but no mobile network. Went into settings/wireless&networks, scrolled down to mobile network. It says turning on..., but it's not doing anything and won't let me check or uncheck the box. When I touch the screen it just highlights it.

I'm really starting to hate this phone.

Advertisement
  2. Demache

Demache Well-Known Member

Restart the phone. Or go into airplane mode and turn airplane mode back off. I think its a bug in how it initializes the data connection.

Could be worse though, like the Droid 2 wifi bug.

3. Strutzone18

Restarted phone, did battery pull, turned airplane mode on/off. Still ain't working. Didn't have a problem with it before the reset.

4. Demache

Demache Well-Known Member

Did you activate it?

5. Strutzone18

Yeah. Everything works except 3G. Well crap. I activated it, got the message that the phone is activated and obviously it's not. I did another reset, went through the activation again and it still isn't activated. Guess a trip to VZW in the am is in order. Don't know what's going on.

6. Strutzone18

Well crap. Talked to a VZW rep for an hour. Went through activating the phone 3 times. Still no mobile network. They are sending me a dreaded refurb. This sucks.