3G only data connection issue.

1. Vesuvio

Vesuvio New Member

I've had the myTouch 3G with the 3.5mm jack for about 6 weeks or so. About 5 days ago I started getting a lot of connection errors from apps and page not found errors from the browser. It got worse for a few days until I finally called TMobile customer service. They had me reboot the phone and fixed some things in my network profile. It worked great for a few hours and the problems came back. So I called customer service again and they said to try putting my sim card in another phone, that worked fine, and then they said to try a master reset of the phone. I hesitated for a day, and found during that time if I changed the standard mobile network settings to only use 2G all the time, the data connection problems went away. If I switched back to 3G, they would come back.

So, today I tried the master reset. I had trouble getting setup again because it came back in 3G and took several tries to connect to my gmail account and setup the phone. It worked ok for a while, but I'm still having the problem.

Has anyone heard of this problem before? Does this sound like a hardware with the phone? Does anyone have any suggestions about what else I might try?

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. jfritzs2

jfritzs2 Well-Known Member

I don't know what it could be. Do you for sure have 3G coverage in all of the areas you are experimenting with? If you did a master reset and the 3G came but then later went I wouldn't think there was a huge problem. Whenever I know I should be getting better service than I am, I just reboot my phone and that helps a ton. I think that it needs that at least once a day. Also if it persists, just take it back to Tmobile and ask them for a new phone. I don't know what else you could do beyond that, but I hope that it works out. Good luck!