3G or 4G speed

1. gsuemnic

gsuemnic Active Member

I was looking at the ST phones at Walmart. The only Andriod 4 phone on Verizon they had was the Galaxy Centura. I was concerned that it is only 3G capable. The clerk told me not to worry because with ST on Verizon 3G is as fast as it goes ? Is that true, no 4G speed on Verizon.

Advertisement
    :
  2. clark71822

clark71822 Well-Known Member

As far as I know all ST phones that operate on Verizon is 3G. Supposedly there is a phone that operates on Sprint towers that gets 4G LTE (might be galaxy s3, don't know fir sure)
  3. new optimus

new optimus Well-Known Member

Verizon 3g is fairly slow.

If tmobile is good in your area go with straight talk t mobile sim, if not what about att.
  4. DragonSlayer95

DragonSlayer95 Resident Air Bender Moderator

Att sims aren't being sold anymore as far as I know :)
  5. new optimus

new optimus Well-Known Member

They can be bought on ebay, and some other places, though expensive if you ask me.:p
  6. flash912

flash912 New Member

I use ST for about a year now but I would like to use my Bionic instead of the crap that they sell. Can I flash my bionic to ST?
  7. efanatic

efanatic Well-Known Member

My verizon/st 3g speeds are very good most of the time. Its around 1.6mgs. When in very congested areas at more of the peak times it slows to .3mgs. I do hate that.
  8. Manodedios

Manodedios Well-Known Member

Or you can get on the tmo sim and I avg about 10-15mbps in my area. Tmos hspa+ is gong to kill any 3g and if you really need the larger network they are now selling the att sims again and if your area supports it, you can get lte speeds, Verizon what?
  9. efanatic

T mobile doesn't have service at my house. That's also how I got out of my sprint contract when I moved here.
  10. betorra

betorra Member

I have a st galaxy s3 from walmart and i dont have 4g only 3g and where i live sprint and verizon have 4glte
  11. efanatic

Go into your settings and check to see which model number s3 you have. Click on about device and its like the 4th thing down. If you have a 968c than its a Verizon 3g only phone