• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

3G or 4G speed

gsuemnic

May 15, 2011
I was looking at the ST phones at Walmart. The only Andriod 4 phone on Verizon they had was the Galaxy Centura. I was concerned that it is only 3G capable. The clerk told me not to worry because with ST on Verizon 3G is as fast as it goes ? Is that true, no 4G speed on Verizon.

I was looking at the ST phones at Walmart. The only Andriod 4 phone on Verizon they had was the Galaxy Centura. I was concerned that it is only 3G capable. The clerk told me not to worry because with ST on Verizon 3G is as fast as it goes ? Is that true, no 4G speed on Verizon.
Verizon 3g is fairly slow.

If tmobile is good in your area go with straight talk t mobile sim, if not what about att.

Upvote 0
My verizon/st 3g speeds are very good most of the time. Its around 1.6mgs. When in very congested areas at more of the peak times it slows to .3mgs. I do hate that.

Or you can get on the tmo sim and I avg about 10-15mbps in my area. Tmos hspa+ is gong to kill any 3g and if you really need the larger network they are now selling the att sims again and if your area supports it, you can get lte speeds, Verizon what?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones