3G or not?

Last Updated:

1. Turk 182

Turk 182 Active Member This Topic's Starter

I'm sure this is an easy question so I apologize in advance.

My Hero on Sprint never says 3G, only EV. Was messing around with a friend's new Droid and it said 3G all the time. I'm sure it's nothing but was just wondering why Sprint would be pushing 3G and now 4G and not show it on the phone?

Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. FrogSplatter

FrogSplatter Member

EVDO = Sprints 3G

3. slade

slade Well-Known Member

yeah, there is a big difference between EVDO and Edge... I wondered the same thing when I bought this phone after being with AT&T for years

4. Turk 182

Turk 182 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Much appreciated!

You would think Sprint's marketing dept. would rather the phones show 3G instead of EV since all they do is push 3G and 4G on people. Never seen a EVDO commercial!

5. jersey221

jersey221 Well-Known Member

cdma doesnt run edge...sprint and verizon networks are like this 1xrtt is edge for verizon and sprint ev-do is there 3g....4g will be WiMax

just so you know verizon att and t-mobile are all gonna be using the same 4g technology and sprint will be the only one using WiMax...

6. nathanotis

nathanotis Well-Known Member

How is this possible, since Big Red and T-Mo are different network tech?

7. jersey221

jersey221 Well-Known Member

because 4g is a different tech so they have to build the network and the only company going to WiMax is sprint all the other ones are using the same type....but dont worry if sprint thinks its a big deal then the WiMax network would only need a firmware change for it to be able to be the same as the other 3....so sprint says...but if they did that then everyone on sprint would need a new type of phone so i dont see it happening.