• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

3G plan or 4G LTE plan on AT&T?

Posting your Note's APN settings would have helped, but try deleting your current access point, then create a new one using the following settings:

Name: (arbitrary)
APN: wap.cingular
"everything else": (blank)

MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com
MMS Proxy: wireless.cingular.com
MMS port: 80
MCC: 310
MNC: 410

Now that all may be moot if you have an AT&T branded Note, in which case you will be required to upgrade to full smartphone plan.

Upvote 0
Thanks for your posting. After I enter the APN information on the Note, what is the next thing I should do? FYI I purchased an unlocked Note, meaning it should work? I will give it a try. Thanks again....

Posting your Note's APN settings would have helped, but try deleting your current access point, then create a new one using the following settings:

Name: (arbitrary)
APN: wap.cingular
"everything else": (blank)

MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com
MMS Proxy: wireless.cingular.com
MMS port: 80
MCC: 310
MNC: 410

Now that all may be moot if you have an AT&T branded Note, in which case you will be required to upgrade to full smartphone plan.

Upvote 0
....After I enter the APN information on the Note, what is the next thing I should do? ....

Use the internet? I've held off on getting the Note following the announcement of the AT&T version's release, as it may nullify the unlocked version's status for "MediaNet" use. If you first deleted, and then recreated the APN entry (again, the whole entry, not just clearing each field), and you still have no internet access, you may want to check your account status, and confirm that you haven't been switched to the "smart phone" plan. I got a text from AT&T as soon as I fired up an old AT&T smart phone with my Media Net SIM, stating, "Thank You for upgrading to the smat phone plan....".

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones