3G Problems ?

Last Updated:

1. ChiTownJim

ChiTownJim Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Is anyone else expierencing 3g problems ?

I keep thinking it's the ROMs I've been using (pretty much have tried every ROM in the last week) all of them pretty much rarely connect to 3g I haven't really noticed because I'm on WiFi most the time when I'm using my phone. But I'm sitting here with 2 Incredibles side by side both running Radio 2.15 one on Second Wave and mine on SR 3.0 RC2 mine is -87dbm and a network type of 1xRTT the other incredible is -82dbm and on EvDO ..

Why is my phone struggling with 3g so much???

1x is pretty much unusable for any kind of data usage

Ohh I've tried *228 doing options 1 and 2 and that has not helped at all

Advertisement
  2. liquidicem

liquidicem Active Member

Try switching airplane mode on and off. That seems to fix the issue for a lot of people.

3. DonDraper

DonDraper Well-Known Member

i was seeing 1x yesterday and today with two different roms. (cyanogen latest nightly and a 2.2 stock). I've also seen at least one other person complain about getting 1x speeds today on xda... Could just be a network issue with VZW

4. j-money

j-money Well-Known Member

Same here, phone randomly lost 3g, running virtuous 2.3 but so has my wifes stock droid, VZW thing me thinks.. a reboot usually does the trick for us.

5. upther

upther Well-Known Member

I'm running Skyraider 3.0 and lost my 3G yesterday. It happened while I was in a store that has a notoriously bad signal. When I came out I couldn't get 3G to connect even though everything said it was on. When I got home and switched to wifi, the 3G came back. Weird.

6. ChiTownJim

YEah after paying better attention to 3G I notice it just takes awhile to connect . I guess this is one of the costs of running leaked roms

7. ChiTownJim

Man this is getting bad, I pretty much can only use my phone when conected to WiFi. Rarely connected to 3G , and now sometimes not even 1x pretty much the extra $30 I'm paying is just about worthless. I really hope I can get this situated soon or I might be needing a new Incredible

8. gonzoguy24

gonzoguy24 Well-Known Member

Jim,

That is strange man...hopefully things work out... have noticed with 2.2 that my phone switches to 1x every time i send a text..maybe I never noticed this before i dont know but then it reconnects to 3g right away...maybe you just have a bad ROM that has trouble reconnecting...what other ROMS have you tried? Virtuous 2.5 is running great for me

9. ChiTownJim

I've used a lot

Second Wave
    ThirdWave
    FrankenROM B6
    CM6 6.01 and 6.02
    JagerROM
    Ruby
    Skyraider Vanilla 2.5 and 3.01
    Skyraider Sense 2.5 and 3.0

I think since I've had problems on most of the ROMS that's it's got to be a problem with the phone.

10. gonzoguy24

gonzoguy24 Well-Known Member

Yeah sorry to hear this man...I should have figured you have tried a ton since you are all over the forums.

11. ChiTownJim

Welp one reason I might have not had any data this morning unless connected to WiFi is because I didn't give them my new CC# and my payment obviously didn't go thru and my service was shut off lol... So bill paid service back , just did a reprogramming . Hopefully I'll at least get my 1x back since 3G has seemed to become extinct for me

I've got a solid and blazing fast (sarcasam) 1x Data back... 3G still nowhere to be found lol

at least I've got something, gotta have my work emails