3G problemsGeneral

Last Updated:

1. theboo7

theboo7 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Updated phone to 2.1 blah blah and am having problems with 3G only showing 1 bar, when it use to show 3 or 4. I did the recommended *228 1 and 2 but with no sucess. Any ideas? Oh, and according to SpeedTest(app) my 3G is slower than my friends who is running 1.5.
    Both did factory reset and same conclusion.

Advertisement
  2. Bswartz95

Bswartz95 Well-Known Member

It's just the signal indicator. It's not right. Go into settings-->about phone-->network - look at your signal strength. You'll see that the phone is getting adequate signal even though the bars aren't right at the top of the phone. In fact while watching the dBm fluctuate, my signal strength got better and for some reason, the indicator lost a bar.

I haven't noticed any change in functionality. Most things are faster for me with slightly improved battery life.

3. theboo7

theboo7 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I do have better life but and performance when it comes to some things but thank you for the answer:)

4. dirtmouth

dirtmouth Well-Known Member

-85. whats that equal to bars... how do we know?
    btw one bar here.

5. Bswartz95

Bswartz95 Well-Known Member

Not sure how bars correlate to the dBm signal strength.

One thing I have noticed is that since updating to 2.1, my 3g rarely goes above 2 bars. However, when i send a text or make a call I get 4 bars (when it switches to 1x). As soon as the text is sent or call is ended, it goes back to 3g and 1-2 bars. Baffled.

6. jtb199

jtb199 Well-Known Member

+1