3G + receiving calls issueSupport

Last Updated:

1. mobily

mobily Active Member This Topic's Starter

Sep 5, 2010

I know there has been various threads about the Desire and issues about connecting to 3G and receiving calls.

I have experienced a number of problems connecting to 3G even when I have full signal and there seems to be no reason why it wouldn't work as on the odd occasion it works perfectly!

I have today found another problem. I was waiting for a call from my wife when I received a text message to say I had a missed call. The phone was on my desk right next to me with a full signal and did not ring. When I finally spoke to my wife she told me it went straight to voicemail with no ring!?

I now appear to have a phone that can't receive calls or connect to the internet... hmmm smartphone indeed!

I have contacted orange who can confirm they have not been made aware of this issue before... hmmm.

I am reluctant to give me phone to the Carphone Warehouse as a friend put theirs in for repair and didn't see it for 2 months and when it came back it was still broken!

I still think that it i a network issue but Orange don't want to recognise the issue.

Has anyone experienced this and if so found a wa of making the phone do what it should do!? :mad:

2. dave_024

dave_024 Member

May 1, 2010
    Im having the same problems and have been for the last 2 months all 3 of my contract phones are the same 2 x desires and a hero i have rang orange several times and allways get fobbed off with some workaround which never works it is definately a network issue as ive tried diferent network sims in the phones and they work fine 3g is the biggest cause of the problem if youve got h/g/e signal it wont be that bad but be aware that when in 2g mode data takes priority over calls so people wont be able to call you then ive taken this matter further with orange today and just waiting to hear back from them in the next couple of days if i do
  3. ianb11

ianb11 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2010
    Plenty of threads on the subject & the thing in common about them all is everyone is on Orange!

Funny that :rolleyes:

Happened to me yesterday & today with 3G showing & full signal & both went straight to voicemail.

Ring Orange & kick up a fuss.