3G Service 35KBS!?!Support

Last Updated:

1. scoobysnack

scoobysnack Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hey guys trying out TMobile for the first time. Very impressed when the service shows "H" as far as speeds go. However near my home (4-5 Miles) when it switches to "G" my speeds are at 30-45KBS Down and similar Up.

Is this just typical shitty TMobile Service? I have almost full signal strength while it shows G as well.....

Called customer service rep at TMobile whom were totally useless.

Any chance the OTA will help?

Thanks for any suggestions,
    -Scoob

Advertisement
  2. dasudevil

dasudevil Well-Known Member

I have the same scores when at home. Its crappy at my house however everywhere else its H about 97% of the time.

3. pantlesspenguin

pantlesspenguin Well-Known Member

G stands for GPRS which is the lowest speeds in the T-Mobile data chain. I only see GPRS when I'm out in the sticks, & even then it's not all the time. Usually when I'm outside of a populated area I'm still on EDGE.

In terms of speed, it goes: HSPA+, 3G, EDGE, & GPRS.

Edited to add: If you consistantly see GPRS, then perhaps T-Mobile isn't the carrier for you. Or, you could just switch to a wifi connection when @ home.

4. Grove86

Grove86 Member

same thing here...at home i have H but whenever i pick up myphone...in the next 30seconds or so it'll drop down to edge and then gprs...Weird that I never actually even see 3G

5. 2FR35H

2FR35H Well-Known Member

The worst I ever gotten has been edge. This isn't really a software issue but t-mobile needing more cell towers. quite odd how you still get Gprs.