3g signal drops when it goes to 3g"d".Support

Last Updated:

1. tonyb81

tonyb81 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Jan 19, 2010
    I really don't need help so much, I've already called Verizon and they are sending out a new phone. This is more of trying to see if others have the same problem.

When my phone's 3g indicator has a "D" instead of the arrows, I either have 1 bar, or no signal bars. When I open an app that uses the network I shoot up to 3 bars all the time. I also notice that my "time without signal" is through the roof.

I'm just wondering if anyone else notices this on their phone.

2. nitsuj17

nitsuj17 Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2010
    i get the "d" a lot but usually my cell bars are still at 1,2 or more bars and then when i use market, browser, or something else that requires it 3g locks and is good to go. I havent thought of this as a problem really.
  3. saps

saps Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2010
    There's been some conversion about what D stands for. I thought it was Data but most others said it was Dormant. Basically if you see the D you are not transmitting Data. Obviously if you see the arrows you are.
  4. sho95

sho95 Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2009
    Like saps stated it show up when your not actually using Data but it means that your getting a Digital signal in regards to calling. Also notice the changes in bars when it goes from data usage and back to the D. I beleive its gives you the signal strength of the current task its doing. Other phones would actually show 2 signal rows one which was data and the other as call strength which this device does not show. This D has actually not been confirmed by Samsung so this is my guess based on some test I've done.

As long as that D show up under 3g or 1x your call will be ok.