3G Signal/Reception in your area, How is it ?

Last Updated:

1. scott99

scott99 Active Member This Topic's Starter

I live in NYC, and am thinking about getting an HTC EVO when my contract runs out in September. How is your 3G reception in your area ? Since 4G isn't technically available in NYC yet, I'm more interested in the 3G reception. I'm coming from an iPhone 3G phone on AT&T. Especially interested in the NYC/NJ area. Thanks for any input.

Advertisement
  2. neodorian

neodorian Well-Known Member

In pretty much every city I have visited, he 3G coverage is excellent. I never had an issue in NYC. Carriers tend to cover cities and then spread out so cities tend to have at least decent coverage by all 4 major carriers but then they vary a lot more as you get into less populated areas where they may not have bothered to put up towers.

3. sagedil

sagedil Well-Known Member

Sprint specializes in saturating urban areas. No one better. Now get out of city and Verizon rules.

4. Jordus

Jordus Well-Known Member

Great here.

5. RoboMonkey

RoboMonkey Well-Known Member

In the burbs outside of Sprints home town and 3g sucks in my house. Outside its fine.

6. thezlog

thezlog Well-Known Member

I had weird results. out and about, moving around in-between locations, i had great coverage: Full bars, decent 4G signal (Vancouver, WA / Portland, OR area).

HOWEVER, at work (20th floor, not down in the jungle where bad reception would be more expected) and at my home i got terrible coverage. all my destinations where i am located at for extended periods of time got poor coverage. Part of the reason i decided it wouldn't work out for me.

I'm keeping an eye on these forums though to see if theres any development about the battery, and a friend of mine has sprint through work.... so with any luck it may work in the future for me... I miss it :-\