• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

3G slower when driving?

It seems like my 3G connection is much slower when i'm trying to access such apps like google maps or the internet while i'm in a moving vehicle. I first thought maybe i'm not getting good signal in that area, or the tall tree's are hindering the strength of the signal..but it happens almost everytime i'm driving.

Is there a reason why this happens? If i'm sitting at home, my 3G works pretty decently, but as soon as i'm in a moving vehicle, my 3G speeds are so slow..

Is there a possibility that as i'm driving the signal from 1 tower is being switched over to a different tower, essentially resetting whatever data i was transferring?

or is sprint's overall 3G just that bad?

It seems like my 3G connection is much slower when i'm trying to access such apps like google maps or the internet while i'm in a moving vehicle. I first thought maybe i'm not getting good signal in that area, or the tall tree's are hindering the strength of the signal..but it happens almost everytime i'm driving.

Is there a reason why this happens? If i'm sitting at home, my 3G works pretty decently, but as soon as i'm in a moving vehicle, my 3G speeds are so slow..

Is there a possibility that as i'm driving the signal from 1 tower is being switched over to a different tower, essentially resetting whatever data i was transferring?

or is sprint's overall 3G just that bad?

I'm experiencing the same thing! just started to notice it today... today was a horrible 3g day ... never ever this bad ... im in LA area how about you ?

Reactions: morteza021
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones