3G speed on X is really getting me down.Support

Last Updated:

1. serpa4

serpa4 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I traded my Dinc in for an X. I was getting about 2mb down and 1.8 up. Now with the X i'm at .5 to .8 and less for up. This is very noticeable! Surfing the web on the X is too slow. Anyone else considering getting rid of the X for something faster? I'm at about 74db signal strength and 4 bars.

Advertisement
  2. deekum1627

deekum1627 Well-Known Member

which test are you running

3. AMDXP

AMDXP Well-Known Member

Have you called VZ tech support to report the problem? I'm sure they'll give you that we don't guarantee squat, but at the least maybe they'll look into it. You shouldn't have seen that big of a drop, if any at all.

It's also possible that you and 100 other droid X users are now using more bandwidth than that tower is used to (VZ did just come out and state that DroidX users are consuming at 3 X the amount of data than before)

4. serpa4

I'm thinking of running the same bench mark on the local VZWs demo X in the lobby. I'm running speedtest app from speedtest.net. I've run the test across all of colorado springs, so it's not just at my house that it's slow. I've used different servers across the country and even right here in town. Across town:
    and up:
    I've tethered the phone and ran test from dsl reports.com with the same results of .6 to .8 up on my laptop.

5. xander66

xander66 Well-Known Member

That's odd. I just tried that app and got 1.836 & .828

6. syntrix

syntrix Well-Known Member

Location in your profile could help identify a regional issue.

Did you do a *228 update? Did you report to VZW?

It's not uncommon for carriers to update their equipment every now and then, and maybe something is setup right by the tech that did the work. It's your responsibility to report that you are having an issue by giving the CSR an earful.

Also, you have a bone stock phone right? No rooting and tweaking.... mmmm right?

7. BLK MAJK

BLK MAJK Well-Known Member

Count me in the same boat. I had a buddy's eris for a couple days to try out and I was definitely getting higher numbers with the speedtest.net app on the eris. so far the best I have had on my X is 1.41 down and .71 up. My internet seems fast enough, but Im surprised by the low scores on the speedtest. I was getting the same scores the day I got the X with no apps installed. *228 had no effect. weird.

8. syntrix

syntrix Well-Known Member

You missed the other point that I posted above you post. Please report after you have done that.

9. serpa4

Did the *228 with no effect. Went to VZW and put speed test on Droid, Droid X, and HTC Incredeble. All were about the same even though the Inc had only 3G and 1 bar, it was on par with DX and 3-4 bars. Even in the system info, the Incredible had a signal of 44 db with less bars and the dX and my DX were at 54 db with more bars. Strong enough signal for sure as I have only 84 in my house and just got a 1.0 down. Maybe the network is getting congested. The day I benched my Dinc was opening day for it months ago. Now there is a ton of Android phones on the market for VZW.

10. Neil143

Neil143 Member

I have the same results on 3G. On wifi, I tested both my DInc and DX. DInc if definitely much faster. I get 10mbps download on the Inc and only 5mbps on the X.

For now, I'm holding on to both phones since I've only had the X for 4 days. Will keep comparing and will sell one of them in a week or so. So far, I'm leaning towards the Inc. Aside from the larger screen, the Inc is proving to be a better phone all around.