3G sucks in Indianapolis. How about your city?Support

Last Updated:

1. AndroidMax

AndroidMax Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all. I have been trying to figure out why the Sprint 3G service in Indianapolis area has been so slow since the beginning of July. I can no longer stream youtube or watch Sprint TV. I have been testing the speed daily and my download speeds are typically anywhere from 380Kbps to 80Kbps down with ping times of 400ms and around 180Kbps up on average. In other areas, I am seeing 1800Kbps to 2200Kbps down and about 700Kbps up.

I have called Sprint several times since July4th, and have been told everything from only one tower in three is working in the Carmel area to all towers are working, but they are only running at about 25% of efficiency.

I would like to ask if you are in the Carmel, Fishers area to do a few download tests and see what you get. If it's bad, please call Sprint and let them know. (*2)

There is a feature on the phone that you can dial from the phone that helps to identify issues. It's ##DEBUG# (##33284#)
    When you punch it in, you get a bunch of menus with parameters . If you look at the EVDO Engineering menu, you will find: Requested data rate. Mine is presently at 0kbps. I have seen it as high as 200kbps. I am not sure what this means, but was wondering if you can post your download speeds, then see what your Requested data rate is.

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. NYCHitman1

NYCHitman1 Gun for Hire Developer

It's amazing in NYC

3. dcoaster

dcoaster Well-Known Member

I've been having download issues in South FL. I'm getting around 300kbps down and 700kbps up. Is it really supposed to be like that here?

4. AndroidMax

AndroidMax Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

can you try the ##debug# test and see what results you get on requested data rate?

5. smdgary

smdgary New Member

it works pretty well in L.A