• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help 3G switching to 1X????

Mine (droid original) is constantly switching back and forth, regardless of texting or not. But, I'm I mostly notice it when I'm at my office (a steel frame building in a known bad cell area), or in my basement at home, so I kind of expect spotty coverage.

My issue is that when I AM texting in these areas, sometimes my message will get stuck sending. Then I have to wait for it to eventually time out (and give the not sent error) before I could do anymore texting. This time out seems to range from about 1 minute to 3 minutes (on my averages) - but at least twice now it never recovered and had to power-cycle the phone. I would love for there to be a way to force the phone to cancel the send before the timer - then I could resend. It is so frustrating to sit there and watch it do nothing while holding me hostage.

Oh, this was happening in the last 2 updates, and happens regardless of which messaging app I'm using.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones