• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

3G to 4G $100 promotion?

snapcase

Android Enthusiast
Dec 3, 2009
Ok so I've been reading a lot about this Verizon 3G to 4G promo that gives you $100 off your 4G phone purchase. I've called VZW CS a couple times already and got shot down each time.

Now the CH4GE promo seems to be in the greater Chicago area only. However many people seem to be getting this promo on their account all over the country depending on what CSR they talk to. While I understand the CSR can't actually apply the discount to the account, they can note/remark the account for it.

The first CSR I called was very nice and apologized profusely that I wasn't eligible. The second one wasn't as polite but wasn't mean, and said I wasn't eligible and there was nothing she could do. I asked to speak to her manager, who wasn't even remotely polite and said that the system won't even allow them to remark/note the account for it... which from everything I've heard is not true. She also basically said "tough luck this time", and that all the people who have had this applied probably had Chicago area numbers but live nowhere near there... as if that made sense. I also tried to say that it was a tad ridiculous that it was only for the Chicago area... but to no avail.

Anyone out there manage to get them to apply/remark/note this discount that doesn't live in or near Chicago? Any tips on getting them to add it other than calling repeatedly? Originally reports of this discount billed it as being a Midwest deal, so was hoping to get it (I live in Michigan).

I live in MI as well. I tried twice. First time, the guy had never heard of the promotion. He even asked his co-workers who also had not heard of this promotion. I even asked him to check under the doorwar CH4GE...nothing.

Second time I called, the gal saw the promotion but straight up said it was only available to CHI customers.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones