3g to wifi handoff issuesSupport

Last Updated:

1. club968

club968 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I've had my Nexus One since release (probably like most people here) and I've noticed that on occasion the 3g to wifi handoff in a wifi area sometimes doesn't happen.....for example, when I come home where I have an unsecured wifi connection, the phone won't automatically switch. When I go into the wifi settings, it detects the connection but says 'connection unsuccessful'. When I click to connect to my wifi, it does so immediately.

And, when in this 'connection unsuccessful' mode, no matter where I go (work, home, airport), it will not automatically switch to the available wifi unless I go into the settings. I don't remember it happening the first couple of days with the phone, but maybe I just wasn't paying attention.

Anyone else having this issue? Anyone have an answer? Overall, not that big a deal, I just would rather it be seemless ALL the time.

Advertisement
  2. Drew1204

Drew1204 Well-Known Member

Yep, same thing here.

3. club968

club968 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

It's nice to no know I've got company.....now I don't feel so lonely :)

4. omatix

omatix Active Member

Me too. Exact same issue. Weirdly, sometimes it works great and I'm surprised that it has picked up the network so fast. But often I'm left to switch wifi off and on again to get it to find the "remembered" network that's now in range.

5. aviator

aviator Active Member

I've got the same issue. Sometimes it connects to my home network automatically, but most times I have to "reset" the unsuccessful connection to get it to work.

6. lestat897

lestat897 Member

I have the same issue. I have to go into wifi settings and choose my network connection, choose forget and then add it all over again. I thought it may have had something to do with my network set to not broadcast, but sometimes it does automatically connect. Anyone got any answers?

7. kboy

kboy Member

Same here and this is my second phone. Hope they resolve this in the next update.

8. bu3askoor

bu3askoor New Member

i am having the same exact issue, any updates ?