• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root 3G unroot issues!!!

I have a mytouch 3g with the 3.5 mm jack and I had my friend root it to cyanogen mod for the htc magic. The root was successful at first, but after about a week or so, my pictures and music became currupt. So he formatted and started over and all was fine for a while again. After a couple weeks it did the same thing, but now its slow and some of my apps dont work and constantly force-closes. He has since been locked up for things i dont know but I tried to do it myself and it seems there is a problem making the goldcard. so i tried to revert it back to stock and it says that the sappimg.zip is wrong. what do i do to revert it back to 1.6 PLEASE HELP!!!

I have a mytouch 3g with the 3.5 mm jack and I had my friend root it to cyanogen mod for the htc magic. The root was successful at first, but after about a week or so, my pictures and music became currupt. So he formatted and started over and all was fine for a while again. After a couple weeks it did the same thing, but now its slow and some of my apps dont work and constantly force-closes. He has since been locked up for things i dont know but I tried to do it myself and it seems there is a problem making the goldcard. so i tried to revert it back to stock and it says that the sappimg.zip is wrong. what do i do to revert it back to 1.6 PLEASE HELP!!!

Did you make a backup of the stock rom before you flashed cyanogen?

If so you should be able to boot into recovery through ROM manager or by powering the phone off and holding home+power to boot into clockworkmod recovery. From there scroll too Nand or nandroid and click restore and choose that recovery file from before. the phone will restore to stock on 1.6. from there download and install universal androot and click unroot. should work like a charm.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones