3G watchdog sees strange behavior of applications

1. neolink3

neolink3 New Member

Guys, on the applications list of 3G Watchdog a see a estrange line that consumes kind of half of my daily quota (especially uploading).

The line says "Dialer, Dialer Storage, SIM Toolkit, CSC, DataCreate".

I tried to block them (since I don`t know what they do) with Droidwall, but it was useless (Doidwall can block other applications).

What can I do about it?

Thanks!

Advertisement
    :
  2. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic VIP Member

How often does your gmail account sync? Those appear to be apps that would sync contacts with google
  3. neolink3

neolink3 New Member

Thanks, Yeahha, but it doens't seem it's that.

I don't know how often it syncs, but I disabled all the "Background Data" (wich includes, google stuff, twitter, skype) and that line continue to grows its numbers off data comsumption....
  4. neolink3

neolink3 New Member

Really no one has any clues on this issue?

I would like at least to see which IPs that group of applications is communicating with. So, I won't need to be paranoid about someone stealing my personal data.

Thanks a lot, anyway guys
  5. steel_dog

steel_dog Member

Also have the same problem.
    Checkout my post "Significant Data Consumption by System Processes".
    Disabled all the HTC stuff and all Contact syncs... yet Dialer Storage still consumes data.
    I've logged a call with HTC but still no feedback :(.
    Lemme know if you figure out what this is.

Rgds,
    SD
  6. kmf

kmf Well-Known Member

I am using 3G Watchdog: how do you get to the applications list?
  7. steel_dog

steel_dog Member

Haven't used that but you might want to try TrafficStats... very straightfoward to use. Can incl. or excl. WiFi.
    kmf likes this.
  8. kmf

kmf Well-Known Member

RE: 3G Watchdog...I see that if you get 3G Watchdog Pro you can see the info listed in the very first post. Thanks!