• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

3G Web Site Problems

wyelkins

Android Expert
Jun 5, 2011
Savannah, GA
I have been having problems today connecting to a few Web Sites over 3g.

Google, Yahoo, Facebook, and Twitter work from the Browser and Apps. A few others also.

ESPN, Linked In and Mint would not.

I connect to WIFI and they work.

I called Boost and they said that they are working on towers. I am in Savannah, GA.

Anyone else having these problems today? Everything worked last night.

Thanks.

I live in West Georgia and I have no problems with the sites you stated. Have you updated your PRL(if on Boost PRL) and profile lately? I was running 12124 Sprint and had to update back to Boost yesterday and everything runs fine now.

No. I have been on 61009 for a while and made no other changes.

I am running CM7, but I have not changed anything on my phone in months.

I have HAR 2.0 as a CWM backup. But I don't know if that would make a difference.

I am a lot more skittish about messing with my phone these days as I am applying for jobs. The hard drive in my laptop died so it may be a week or two before I fix it.

I can connect via my virgin Mobile air card and CradlePoint Router to get all the sites.

If it is not working tomorrow I will call Boost again. She gave me a direct number.

Maybe I should revert to HAR before I call. I can't use ODIN to get back to stock without my laptop. I have a lot of ROMs on CWM backups.

Thanks everyone for the feedback, maybe it really is a tower thing.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones