• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help 3gp movie created on DX will not play on my iMac

I had a similar problem at one point playing these on my Windows PC. I am not at that pc right now, but I Googled that file extension and found several free apps that play it fine. I am on GB 595 and just returned from vacation and shot a lot of hd video and it plays back perfect on my Win 7 pc. I will try and post back when I can check what app I am using

Upvote 0
After wiping the phone (factory reset), I am now able to produce .3gp files that both phone and computer can read.

Great! Glad you got it figured out. I did finally remember to look and see and on my Windows 7 pc, Windows Media Player actually is what I have set to play those .3gp files. So, that would not be any help on the Mac.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones