• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help 3rd party exchange email app

markyboy81

Oct 8, 2012
Hi there,
Coming form an iPhone 4s I was puzzled that I couldn't get my exchange email through the email app as this worked flawlessly on my 4s.
I've since downloaded moxier mail, which works great but has its own calendar, which I'm not keen on. Do you know if there are any other apps I can use that make use of the stock calendar app?
I don't mind paying for it. Thanks!

Touchdown is a great exchange app. Costs $20 but worth it. For calendar my pref is touch calendar because unlike almost every other android cal app you CAN see details in month view. It boggles my mind tht with all the larger screens now available that so many cal apps still make us look at an EMPTY month view. Thanks touch calendar!

Upvote 0
Touchdown is the one I hear recommended the most. You can get a 30 day trial of it.

My experience with the Touchdown HD version was that it is a battery hog compared to the built in SIII exchange client. I always setup my exchange client for push and both on my phone and tablets (xoom & Nexus 7), Touchdown setup for push was the number two battery drain after Idle, being around 30-40% of the battery used, vs. 2-5% with the built in exchange apps.

Any feature advantages Touchdown had wasn't worth that kind of battery drain, and I wasn't willing to switch to hourly polling instead of push.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones