• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

3rd Party Facebook App

The problem with third party Facebook apps is that some of your friends may block third party apps in their security settings. To be honest if you don't like three official app your regular browser will probably give the best alternative experience. There are apps that will give you Facebook notifications independently if you need that.

Upvote 0
I couldn't find what I use to use a while back before I dropped Facebook altogether. It was called black Facebook. A themed fb app that used the old fb layout from well over a year ago before they made all these design changes.

However there is seesmic that worked pretty good from the last time I used it

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.seesmic

Upvote 0
I used to use FriendCaster pro. The only reason I used it was that I can create a calendar event from a Facebook event. I don't auto-sync my calendar with FB because FB has a lot of junk events (like birthdays that I don't care about) that I don't want to see in my calendar.

I don't use it for any other reason because I noticed that it and practically every other third party FB app does not show posts of all people. There were missing posts that I noticed. As was already mentioned, it seems that some users do block third party apps from getting updates in their security settings.

Reactions: nicka3200
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones