• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

3rd party headset not working properly

BrixtonBiker

Lurker
Jun 12, 2010
I have a JBud headset with built-in mic that worked perfectly with my HTC Desire and Touch HD.
With the SGS, the sound is terrible when playing music. If I press the button on the headset, then while I have it pressed, the sound quality is great. However I don't want to have to hold it down in order to listen to music!
Any ideas? Do Samsung phones generally only work with their own mic/headsets?
Is there some setting somewhere I've not discovered? (My old N95 used to prompt me when I plugged in a headset, to ask what it was I'd connected...)
I don't want to have to buy another headset if I can get this one working, as the sound quality is great.
Any tips gratefully received. :)

the galaxy s jack is wired similar to a nokia's the 4pole jack is wired left,right,mic,ground from tip to sleeve.
im assuming you're using an iphone compatible headset because of the problem you experience. the iphone is wired left,right,ground,mic from tip to sleeve. the ground and mic is reversed between the 2 so that you can only hear music fine if you press because pressing closes the circuit.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones