1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

General 3rd party messaging app issue

1. msaeger

msaeger Well-Known Member

I installed a 3rd party messaging app and now the stock one and the 3rd party one notify me when I get a message. I also get two copies of the incoming message.

Is there something I can do about this? I can't disable the stock app.

Advertisement
  2. lightsleeper23

lightsleeper23 Well-Known Member

If you open your stock sms app, push menu, then settings. Scroll down and uncheck "auto retrieve", and "notifications". Try that and see if it works. You should only get notifications from your third party app after that. Of course of you go open your stock messaging app anyways, you will see the same messages... there's no stopping that. But once you delete them within your 3rd party app, they will delete from the stock one also.

P.S. You may also get the desired effect by only unchecking "notifications". Try that first.
  3. msaeger

Thanks for the tip. This did stop the stock app from notifying me but I still get two copies of the incoming messages.
  4. lightsleeper23

You get two copies of messages in each app?
  5. msaeger

Yes two in each app.
  6. lightsleeper23

Weird. Never seen that. What app are you using?
  7. msaeger

8. lightsleeper23