• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

3UK 2.1 update news

Ask the moderator on the 3 spotify blog for help. That seems to be the best way to get informed help from 3. It is not manned at the weekend. Hope that helps.

The HTC Hero with Spotify – video Welcome to the Three Blog

Thanks. I'll give it a go. I did previously say on there I hadn't got my update and he said that it's being rolled out over 14 days so I should get it soon.. but that was Tuesday 24th! Arghh.

EDIT - do you think if I downloaded the ROM upgrade from the HTC site (ending in .73) it might help? I do have that version on my phone.

Upvote 0
Hey all - am brand spanking new to the whole world of Android - just picked up a Hero yesterday.

Just wanted to say that I had the update notification when I first powered the Hero on but cancelled it as I wanted to setup a wireless connection at home to enable the download.

Couldn't see how to kick off the download till I read this thread - the *#8 method - and it's worked beautifully.

now very impressed with the Hero and 2.1 - sems to be what I wanted and expected.

Now just need to suss the whole thing out!

Upvote 0
Hey all - am brand spanking new to the whole world of Android - just picked up a Hero yesterday.

Just wanted to say that I had the update notification when I first powered the Hero on but cancelled it as I wanted to setup a wireless connection at home to enable the download.

Couldn't see how to kick off the download till I read this thread - the *#8 method - and it's worked beautifully.

now very impressed with the Hero and 2.1 - sems to be what I wanted and expected.

Now just need to suss the whole thing out!

Hey, glad yours has worked out :)
Which method was it you used? *#8 I don't know of.. did you mean #*#*682#*#* ? I still can't get my update ;(

Upvote 0
Sorry guys, me again-
Finally got the update (had the restart my phone fully) but it's stuck on 0%.. I had it on 3G with full signal and now it's on wifi with 3 out of 4 bars.. It's been downloading for the past 20-30mins and nothings happened.. any ideas?

EDIT- cancelled the update because it just wasn't going anywhere.. turned phone off and on and.. nothing. Update has gone :( Damn it.

Upvote 0
Just done the upgrade. I actually set my date forward by 1 year and it prompted me. Did not take that long really and only did 1 update.

Stupid thing lost all my contacts though :( Every single one of them, and I forgot to back them up lol, so I guess my fault as well. It seems that my account did not sync with Google to back them up, so not sure what was going on there.

Still playing about with it. Need some "newer / better" power buttons. Ones for turning Wifi / 3G Data / Backlight on and off. Anyone got any suggestions ?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones