3Uk customer supportSupport

Last Updated:

1. jaybo1973

jaybo1973 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all

I have not been to impressed with the signal strength since having my desire on 3 about a month ago. I contacted 3 by email and someone from the support team rang me last last night.

Not to sound rude but I could hardly understand her, but after discussing my concerns, she asked me what software version I was on. I told her 2.10.405.2 and she said it needed updating to 1.77 something or other, I forget now. Now anyone knows that 1 is before 2? and 2.10.405.2 is the latest update. Mine is unbranded from CPW so I guess has more up to date software than there branded ones. I had to cut the call short for something but she is ringing back tonight.

I really dont think I am going to get anywhere with her. Anyone delt with them before?

Advertisement
  2. adzila

adzila Active Member

Although they are outsourced and not really the easiest of customer services departments to talk to, they are one of the better one. Outsourced anyway.

Although when ive talked to them before, ive not had to go into any techy details such as software versions, just billing stuff really. but even then thwy were hard to interact with....

3. jaybo1973

I have checked what she told me now, she said the latest is 1.22.771.1. Do they know what they are on about?

4. stevethemook

stevethemook Member

Ive had a few dealings with 3UK over the last month mainly to deal with SMTP server names.. They were polite but really did not know how to correct the problem . In fact they were going to ring me back but failed to do so.Sorted the problem out myself eventually and it was v complicated so I can forgive them not knowing

I have found that while at home the coverage is poor ..regularly switches to orange..the roaming service but I was expecting it after I checked on the 3UK website and coverage was marginal. Everywhere else Ive used it it works well.

Have a lookThree - Help & Support - Coverage - The 3 network.
    Oh and have 3UK branded phones been updated to Froyo yet . Maybe they are still on the old V1 operating system..
    My HTC desire is an unbranded one so Im on Froyo.

Steve

5. jaybo1973

I'll see what they have to say later. I am out of town at the weekend so I will see if coverage is better. Mine is unbranded too. The software I mentioned must be the branded version

6. jaybo1973

and they cant be arsed to ring on time