4.0.4 NotificationsSupport

Last Updated: 2012-11-17 19:52:48
  1. Galen10

Galen10 Member

I'm running ICS 4.0.4 on my Incredible S. When there are notifications I pull down the screen to display them, but there is no obvious way to clear/delete them.There is no little cross in the top corner as on earlier versions. Tapping a notification gets rid of it, but launches the application concerned - which wastes huge amounts of time when there are half a dozen update notifications waiting. Surely there is a way to just clear the notifications from the screen having read them - either one at a time, or all together?

Advertisement
  2. annebrooks64

annebrooks64 Well-Known Member

Can you clear them by swiping them away?
  3. Galen10

Galen10 Member

Yes you can :eek:. This old codger didn't think of swiping them sideways - I'm not used to these trendy touch screens. Is there a way to do more than one or all of them at once - like holding down CTRL in Windows?

I did have a look for an updated online manual for the Incredible S (it had Android V.2.x when I got it as a gift, and the old manual relates to that), but I couldn't find one anywhere, and it probably wouldn't go into that much detail anyway.

Thanks very much for your help - that will save me a lot of aggravation.

Regards,

Bob
  4. annebrooks64

annebrooks64 Well-Known Member

I do know a bit about android systems but I don't know too much about HTC and their sense UI. There may well be a button on notifications that says clear or a x somewhere you haven't noticed or it may let you clear them all by swiping more than one at a time, or possibly even by tapping the menu key ( the one that looks like lines) while the bar is pulled down. Sorry I can't tell you any more, like I said I'm not an HTC expert. Even though they're all android each brand behaves slightly differently.
  5. Galen10

Galen10 Member

I'll have a poke around the next time I get multiple notifications. Now I can do one at a time, that covers it, really. Thanks again for you help.

Regards,

Bob