• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help 4.0.4 play store issue; red notification light issue

Abbeacon

Lurker
Jun 5, 2012
New to the forum, but after 5months with the vzw galaxy nexus, I've only now encountered 2 major issues that I can't seem to find solutions for.

1. Installed 4.0.4 ota this weekend with no problems. Actually thought it was a bit smoother and battery life was a little better. Went to update some apps in play and received a 921 error. Read on various forums that could remove cache for play and g framework, and/or remove then re-add google account. Neither worked for me.

2. Around the same time, I noticed the pulse notification light began to start w constant red illumination, w occasional flickers. When people would call it would change to its normal white flash, but then go back to red. I rebooted, battery/sim pull without resolution. Changed batteries with no resolution. When I put battery in, even without turning on phone, the red light would come on. I livechatted w Samsung last who were less than helpful, saying hey didn't know why the light was on, but to try factory reset. Reset was successful but red light persisted even while phone was resetting. Also play store still doesn't work.

Any thoughts? Seems temporally related to 4.0.4 upgrade (ie software issue) but bc factory reset didn't help, suggests more of a hardware issue.

Thanks!

Completely stock, applied the ota upgrade under settings/about/system updates. Play still didn't work after factory reset, and gave me 101 error this time. Still on an older version of play after I did factory reset, so maybe if they push the latest version this might help?

I agree I'm worried there's a hardware thing as well as a software thing, but surprising to have both occur at the same time.

No new apps installed recently, not using lightflow, and I notice the red light on even when the phone is powered off; only time it goes off is when battery is pulled, so i dont think its an app. Anybody know if there's a list of what each color stands for on the gnex? I can't find anything on Samsung or vzw site and Samsung tech didn't know.

Thanks!

Upvote 0
I just got my replacement Nexus. And the red notification light turned on instead on after my third charge. But how I fixed it was just plugging it into the charger and moved the charger around till the light stayed off. If you do this and its the same problem the red light will flicker on and off depending on how the charger is plugged in. Hope this helps. ( PS this is just a temporary fix and should be checked after every charge.)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones